Liverpool take on RB Leipzig in the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 later tonight.
The Reds head into this game on the back of three consecutive defeats and Jurgen Klopp will be under pressure to turn his team’s form around.
The German side are in fantastic form right now and they have won four of the last five matches in all competitions.
They will certainly fancy their chances of picking up a win against a stuttering Liverpool side here.
The Reds have been vulnerable at the back this season and they may find it difficult to cope with Julian Nagelsmann’s attacking style of play.
The Bundesliga outfit are likely to test Liverpool defensively and Klopp must decide whether to risk Ozan Kabak following his torrid outing against Leicester City over the weekend.
Liverpool will be without Virgil van Dijk, Diogo Jota, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip due to injuries.
Fabinho and James Milner did not train yesterday and they could also miss out.
Meanwhile, Naby Keita has returned to training but he is lacking in match fitness and Klopp has confirmed that the Guinean will not feature here.
Milner is expected to be replaced by Thiago Alcantara in the starting line-up for tonight’s game.
The 29-year-old Spaniard did not start the game against Leicester and he is likely to be the only change to the starting line-up.
Predicted Liverpool line-up: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Kabak, Henderson, Robertson, Wijnaldum, Jones, Thiago, Salah, Firmino, Mane.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer