Liverpool have endured a disappointing 2022-23 campaign as they will end the season without any trophy and are expected to finish outside the top-four.
Despite their underwhelming campaign, Mohamed Salah has been consistent with his goal contributions.
He was at the top of his game in the Reds’ 3-0 victory over Leicester City on Monday, with the Egyptian recording a hat-trick of assists.
That took his tally of assists to 10 in the English top-flight while his number of goals has reached 19 this term.
If the experienced forward scores one more goal in Liverpool’s remaining two matches, he will become the first player to tally 20 goals and 10 assists in three different campaigns.
As reported previously by Liverpool Echo, Salah will thus be able to break the record of Thierry Henry who has achieved this feat on two occasions.
The former Roma star notched a record 32 goals in a 38-game season in 2017-18 while also registering 10 assists.
He also repeated this incredible feat last term, recording 23 goals and 13 assists to match Henry’s record.
Salah has been one of the best signings of all time for the Merseyside giants. He cost them only £37 million to sign in 2017 but has been one of their most consistent performers since.
The 30-year-old has been a key player in helping his side lift the Champions League and Premier League titles.
His goal against Brentford earlier this month meant he is now level with Steven Gerrard in Liverpool’s all-time scoring charts.
Latest Liverpool News
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up
- Liverpool in May: Can Klopp’s team get 15 points to lay down a marker for next season?
- Preview: Leeds United vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Three Players Liverpool Must Sign After Jude Bellingham Blow
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front