Liverpool picked up a morale boosting win over West Brom in the Premier League and they will now head to Burnley with the hope of closing in on a top four finish.
Midfielder Thiago Alcantara has warned his teammates that it will be a cup final for the Reds and they must do everything in their power to grind out all three points.
Liverpool cannot afford to drop points if they want to overtake the likes of Chelsea and Leicester City in the table by the end of the season.
Missing out on Champions League football next season would be a devastating blow for the club financially and in terms of prestige. It will be interesting to see if they can win their remaining games now.
Meanwhile, Thiago has been in outstanding form in recent weeks after a mixed start to the season. The Spaniard has formed a quality partnership alongside Fabinho and he will be hoping to finish the season strongly.
Speaking the club’s official website after the West Brom win, he said: “First of all, we have to face Burnley there, it will be a tough game. I think that’s our final, not the next one, but that one is the most important.
“I think we were very emotional with this situation because of all we have been through, mostly Ali as well with his situation.
“So we are very glad for the game we made but even more happier for him.
“That’s football. As I say always, you can have not your day but win, and you can have an amazing day and lose. It’s football.
“At the end, we created chances, we deserved that last goal as well, so we are very happy with it.”
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer