Tottenham Hotspur have been dealt a massive injury blow ahead of their clash against Liverpool in the Premier League tonight.
Defender Sergio Reguilon has been ruled out for three weeks with a muscle injury.
The highly-rated left-back will miss the game against the Reds and is also expected to be sidelined for the upcoming matches against Chelsea, Everton and Manchester City.
Meanwhile, Ben Davies is also a doubt after being forced off with an injury against Wycombe Wanderers and it will be interesting to see who comes in as the left-back for tonight’s game.
Japhet Tanganga could be an option for manager Jose Mourinho as the defender has played as a full-back before. He would be up against Mohamed Salah and it could be an area of concern for the Londoners.
Reguilon has been one of the best summer signings in the Premier League this year, with the Spaniard producing some outstanding performances for Tottenham since joining the London club.
Spurs may be able to cope defensively without him, but the 24-year-old’s attacking contribution will certainly be a big miss.
This is a vital game for Tottenham and Mourinho will be hoping that a positive result can kick start his side’s season once again.
Here is what Tottenham fans had to say about the injury.
Is there anything more spurs then injuries before a massive game and the other team getting players back fit
— THFC NABIL (@JgNabil) January 27, 2021
How do we get injuries when we’ve barely played recently??? Shocking
— Christopher Manuel (@cmanuel118) January 27, 2021
Forget about tonight then, this is so typical spurs
— Eamonn Macneill (@macspur121) January 28, 2021
Pain. Just pain pic.twitter.com/EbmLB8O8ki
— S|R| (@iris_zfx) January 27, 2021
— Callum ⚪️ (@Ca11um_27) January 27, 2021
and so it starts
— upthespurs (@klobzino) January 27, 2021
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s 2021/2022 key fixtures and predictions
- Gini Wijnaldum vows to reveal the reasons behind Liverpool exit after the Euros
- Liverpool players that will feature in Euro 2020
- Liverpool have reportedly submitted a bid for Lorenzo Pellegrini
- Southampton in talks to sign Takumi Minamino permanently
- John Barnes urges Liverpool to sign Ousmane Dembele instead of Jadon Sancho
- Liverpool prepared to cash in on Marko Grujic
- Trent Alexander-Arnold ruled out of the Euros with a thigh injury
- Adrian closing in on a new deal with Liverpool
- Liverpool Transfer News: Five Major Transfers To Expect This Summer