Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold has been named in the England squad for the upcoming European Championships.
The 22 year old defender’s place in the England squad for Euro 2020 was uncertain after he was dropped from the national team squad recently for a couple of World Cup qualifiers.
Alexander-Arnold started the season in mediocre form for Liverpool and the uncertainty surrounding his selection for the Euros was understandable initially.
However, the 22 year old picked up form during the second half of the season and he was outstanding for Liverpool over the last few months. He has picked up 2 goals and 9 assists for Liverpool this past season.
The young defender is one of the main reasons why Liverpool have managed to secure a top three finish in the Premier League this season and leaving him out of the Europe squad would have been a big mistake from Gareth Southgate.
The Liverpool star is not only a capable defender, he is excellent going forward and he could create numerous chances for his team mates with his impressive passing range and set piece prowess.
Alexander-Arnold has proven himself as one of the best young right backs in club football and it will be interesting to see if he can make his mark on the international stage this summer with England.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview – Prediction and Potential line-ups
- Liverpool vs Chelsea Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups
- Has Klopp Struck A Deal For World Cup Winner?
- More Bad News For Liverpool On The Dias & Harvey Front
- Liverpool in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Liverpool Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Liverpool Predictions in October 2022: Can the Reds bounce back?
- Liverpool vs Ajax Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Liverpool’s final pre-season week: RB Salzburg, Man City & more