Liverpool defender Trent Alexander-Arnold has been dealt a massive injury blow ahead of the European Championships this summer.
The 22 year old right back picked up a thigh injury during the game against Austria earlier this week and reports have now confirmed that the player will miss the euros.
According to Paul Joyce from the Times, Alexander-Arnold is set for a lengthy layoff and he is unlikely to return before the end of the European Championships.
The 22 year old has been outstanding for Liverpool since the turn of the year and he will be devastated to miss out on the tournament with his country.
Gareth Southgate named the young defender in his England squad after a lot of speculation and it will be interesting to see who replaces him in the England squad in the coming weeks.
The Three Lions have already named four right backs in the squad an ideally they should look to bring in someone who can strengthen the other positions.
The injury blow could end up being a positive for Liverpool as the defender will now get some much-deserved rest over the next few months. Alexander-Arnold has been a regular starter for Liverpool over the years and he could use a breather right now.
Popular pundit and former England international Gary Lineker has reacted to Alexander-Arnold’s injury blow earlier.
Latest Liverpool News
- Liverpool’s six games that could see them top the Premier League table in January
- Liverpool players in the international break
- Preview: Liverpool vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Anfield is one of the Premier League’s most accessible stadiums
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up