Liverpool winger Xherdan Shaqiri is looking to leave the club at the end of the season and it is believed that Italian clubs are keen on signing the Swiss international.
The 29-year-old has started just six games so far this season and he needs to leave the club in order to play regular first team football.
The former Stoke City winger plays in a position where it is difficult to accommodate him in the starting lineup ahead of Mohamed Salah.
Shaqiri has been a decent squad option for Jurgen Klopp since moving to Anfield and he is good enough to play for most clubs in the Premier League.
It will be interesting to see if he can resurrect his career with a move to Italy this summer.
Apparently the likes of Roma and Lazio are keen on the player along with Spanish outfit Sevilla as per Football Insider.
The player was initially valued at £23 million by the Reds and it will be interesting to see if Liverpool are prepared to lower that valuation amid the coronavirus pandemic.
The 29-year-old is not a key player for the Reds and the Premier League side might find it difficult to find suitors who are willing to pay that kind of money for Shaqiri this summer.
The Reds will have to set a more reasonable asking price in order for the transfer to go through.
Latest Liverpool News
- What are Liverpool’s chances of winning the Europa League?
- Liverpool new signing Alexis Mac Allister gets red card on Anfield debut against Bournemouth
- Liverpool in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Klopp aims for a huge comeback next season
- Mo Salah on target to reach 200+ goals for Liverpool next season
- Salah could break Thierry Henry’s record by scoring one goal in Liverpool’s next two games
- Preview: Liverpool vs Aston Villa – prediction, team news, line-up
- Liverpool in May: Can Klopp’s team get 15 points to lay down a marker for next season?
- Preview: Leeds United vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Three Players Liverpool Must Sign After Jude Bellingham Blow
- Liverpool in April: Next seven Premier League fixtures